Thursday, August 12, 2010

Internet Filtering

This was a new term for me. I also learn about Censorship which after understanding its meaning I could link with what is happening outside, in the media. The lesson also had some ideas I could use in the school library to protect learners form viewing inappropriate sites. My school will consider buying the programme to lock such sites. But in the mean while I, as the librarian will use ideas like putting computers in more visible areas where teachers could see.

3 comments:

  1. Zaza you have missed today's lesson and was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Thulani

    The lecture we got was a real eye opener for me too. We really have a lot to do after this course.I also agree with the fact that the computers should be placed so that we can see. Do you make use of Netops in your school? If you are busy teaching from your main computer in class, you can monitor all the sites that your learners use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myrtle

    I wish you well for the test today. Thank you a lot for helping me with my blog and I am so impressed with the slendid work you have done in yours. You go gal!

    Ps Let us pray for Nazeen's quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete